A fake cardboard record inside this cool cover from “Air Express” Records. A promotional item from Air Express (a precurser to FedX?). Includes sales puns like “An unbroken record for fastest way shipping since 1927” and “In tune with the kind of delivery consignees expect” and “Harmonizing speed in the air with speed on the ground” You get the idea. But I really dig the cover! As a frequent shipper of records myself, I could use some soothing music.
You are currently browsing the archive for the Contest category.
Calling all collectors. Get out your cameras and show the world what you’re hiding in those shelves! Check this out from our friends at Dust & Grooves and Flea Market Funk! ENTER HERE I’m in!
The mission of this photo contest is to help preserve vinyl heritage, as well as the artists that make it, just as our contestants do with their collections.
We urge you to be creative with your photography. It could be a straight on shot, a collage, a digitally manipulated image, or any other creative art piece in the medium of photography.
Submissions will be judged by Jamison Harvey (DJ & creator of Flea Market Funk), Eilon Paz (Photographer & creator of Dust & Grooves), influential world famous DJ Rich Medina, Brian Ho (art director & creator of Dreams In Audio) and Brian Cross aka B+ (photographer & film maker from Mochilla). All finalists of the contest will be featured in articles on Flea Market Funk as well as Dust & Grooves.
* Finalists will be announced no later than April 2nd, 2012.
* There is no limit to the number of images each artist may submit.
* Submission is open to all persons over the age of 18.
* Artwork should be submitted as a digital file.
* Maximum file size: 2MB
* File Format: JPEG
* Images should be saved at 72dpi
* Color Profile: sRGB
* Images should be no larger than 1400 pixels on their longest dimension.
* File names should consist of: Artist name_Artwork name_Sequence Number
* On the caption field please write your full name and a valid email address so we can contact you in case your submission wins.
Okay, well clearly this was just too easy for you guys! Six “winners” correctly identified all six covers! They are Mike; Brian Phillips; Johnny Bean from the UK; Jose; Dan in Quebec: and previous contest winner Keith! But it was Mike that got there first and within just hours. Congratulations Mike, let us know your information and size and we’ll get you the LPCL T-shirt. Thanks to everyone that played along!
The Bison Glee Club Word Records Waco, TX. (1956)
Congratulations to Ron, the winner of our LP Cover Contest:
And thanks to the following runner-ups for playing along:
Be the first to correctly name the artist and album name of 5 of the 6 cover images here and win a free LP Cover Love T-shirt!
WE’VE GOT A WINNER! Thanks to all who took the challenge – many of you got at least 4 and there were six of you that listed all 6. But the first to respond correctly was Lp cover lover Keith from Pottsville, PA. who has a collection of 30,000 lps, including these six albums:
(1) Dr. John / Gumbo (back cover)
(2) Frank Zappa / Hot Rats
(3) Laura Nyro / More Than A New Discovery
(4) Marvin Gaye / I Want You (art by Ernie Barnes)
(5) Count Basie / RCA (art by Andy Warhol)
(6) Roy Orbison / Dreams